Spring is notorious for surprise rain showers that can dampen a golf round unless we are prepared. Let’s take a look at some of the outerwear that will help get us through the season
Linksoul’s lineup for men is full of variety. The three we’re taking a closer look at are:
- The sly full-zip packable jacket is ideal for folding up and storing in your golf bag pocket for quick coverage. This jacket has 4-way stretch, sheds water and blocks the wind for maximum comfort.
- The 4-way stretch hooded jacket provides the coziness of your favorite sweatshirt with its technical fabrication and ability to move with your swing. Flipping the hood up when showers start is a plus.
- The Galaway rain pant packs into the back zip pocket making it easy to keep on hand for when wet sloshing begins. The polyester, machine washable pants come in grey and black.
FootJoy is synonymous for its ‘make every day playable’ with its selection of foul weather gear for men and women.
- The HydroLite rain jacket for women’s comes in black, grey and a welcoming white that keeps things bright and spring looking. It is waterproof and windproof with 4-way stretch for full range of motion. The seams are sealed and the zipper is waterproof as well.
- Match the jacket up with DryJoys rain pants for a full lightweight waterproof ensemble. The pants have a gripper elastic waistband for a non-slip fit, and the extra long 5-inch Velcro pant bottom allows for convenient length and fit alterations.
- For men, we like the six color choices of the DryJoys Tour LTS jacket and its advanced technology material such as Thermolite, a bonded lining that regulates body temperature. The adjustable waterproof cuffs are another custom fit bonus essential for keeping water out.
Sunice has produced functional and innovative outerwear for golfers and skiers for more than 40 years. We are fans of its website as well - you can click on the functions such as waterproof and wind protection, view the product offerings and get detailed descriptions of all the hi-tech features and benefits.
- The ground-breaking science of the Sunice Robin waterproof, ultra-stretch jacket for women has a removable hood and breathable woven fabric that keeps you dry for 5 to 6 hours of moderate to steady rain. It also has a lightweight stretch liner, adjustable cuffs, lock-down zipper pull, chin guard, in-pocket ball cleaner and laser-cut pockets with waterproof zippers.
- On the men’s side, the 2.5 layer construction of the Jay Zephal FlexTech jacket is highly breathable, waterproof and ultra lightweight. The four-way stretch gives you flexibility and the WxTech coating allows water to bead up and roll off the fabric. A stretch tricot liner adds an extra layer of weather protection and comfort.