Tour Edge Exotics Staffer Scott McCarron Wins in Japan for 3rd Victory of 2019
Exotics clubs 1st or 2nd place in 22 out of last 37 PGA Tour Champions events
Tour Edge Exotics staff player Scott McCarron won by three shots at the 2019 Mastercard Japan Championship on the PGA Tour Champions Sunday in Narita, Japan.
His victory is the 10th win for Exotics clubs on the PGA Tour Champions over the last two seasons, five of which have come from the No. 1 ranked McCarron.
McCarron had the low round Sunday at Narita Golf Club at 5-under par.
The 53-year-old Californian hit a tournament-clinching 246 yard shot to 20 feet with his Exotics CBX 119 hybrid on the penultimate hole to take a 3-shot lead, a club he calls the “best hybrid I’ve ever played.”
McCarron, who wears a Tour Edge Exotics logo on his sleeve, is the current No. 1 ranked player in the PGA Tour Champions with $1,766,221 earned in tournament winnings this year.
He leads the No. 2 ranked player by a whopping $831,052.
“We are having a blast watching the meteoric play of our staff player, Scott McCarron,” said Tour Edge President and Master Club Designer David Glod. “Scotty has brought us a new level of exposure and awareness, as has all of the over 60 players who have put Tour Edge into play on the PGA Tour Champions over the last 18 months .”
The Japan Championship win represents the 8th Top 5 finish in the last 12 events for McCarron, including three wins, two runner-ups and 3rd place finish.
“I'm doing everything I can to win the Charles Schwab Cup,” McCarron said. “That's my goal.”
McCarron’s three victories in 2019 have come in the last six weeks.
- On April 21st, Exotics staffer Scott McCarron won the Mistubishi Electric Championship at TPC Sugarloaf.
- On May 5th, McCarron won again for his 2nd title in three weeks at the Insperity Invitational at The Woodlands Country Club.
Other Top Finishes for Exotics in Japan
Another player with an Exotics CBX 119 hybrid in play in Japan finished 10th, while a new player to Tour Edge finished 17th this week following up a 5th place finish last week in Iowa with the Exotics CBX Iron-Wood in play.
After 13 events on the 2019 PGA Tour Champions season, Exotics have been in play for four victories, 12 Top 5 finishes, 19 Top 10 finishes and 44 Top 25 finishes.
About Exotics CBX 119
The Exotics CBX 119 fairway woods and hybrids are considered to be the best of the best in metalwoods for better players seeking distance and low-spin properties.
Exotics CBX 119 features a Titanium face combo brazed onto a stainless steel body with a carbon fiber sole, the only design on the history of golf clubs to incorporate titanium, steel and carbon. The CBX 119 hybrid remains the only titanium faced hybrid in golf.
Watch video of Scott McCarron discuss his Exotics CBX 119 here: https://www.touredge.com/services/images/19staff/CBX119-Scott-Testimonial.mp4
About Tour Edge
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering golfers with high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable. He is now considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Tour Edge products have been put in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA Tour Champions, LPGA Tour and Web.com Tour, as well as European professional tours, and have been in play in every PGA TOUR major event and in Ryder Cup competitions, leading to 21 wins for players playing Tour Edge products on the PGA Tours (10 PGA TOUR, 10 PGA Tour Champions and one Web.com Tour victories.)
Since 2018, Tour Edge clubs earned 10 wins, 12 runner-up finishes, over 45 Top 5 finishes and over 75 Top 10 finishes on the three PGA Tours.
Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 33 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and Bazooka.
• Exotics products bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace with tour preferred designs and smaller production runs. Exotics clubs utilize higher-grade, avant-garde materials and manufacturing methods that have established Exotics as a leader in quality craftsmanship and to redefine what is possible in golf club performance.
• Hot Launch has forged a name for itself as a producer of high-quality premium game improvement golf clubs from driver to wedge. Hot Launch has proven to provide the greatest custom fit value in golf and includes an unprecedented guaranteed 48-hour custom fit delivery program.
• Bazooka represents Tour Edge’s Get In The Game products and the absolute best value available in golf, offering advancing players, beginners, women and juniors the best in playability and affordability.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Vice President of Marketing
Tour Edge Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110