EASY-TO-GIVE GIFT OF GOLFPASS FOR FATHER’S DAY OPENS UP PERKS AND BENEFITS FOR DAD IN ONE, COMPREHENSIVE MEMBERSHIP
GOLFPASS Beats the Conventional Gift Card with Exclusive Ways to Play, Learn, Watch, Shop and Travel for the Dads in Anyone’s Life; Free Dozen TaylorMade Golf Balls for Just Signing Up
Shoppable TV Technology Introduced on Morning Drive, May 29-30, Providing Another Option to Get GOLFPASS and Gifts for Father’s Day; Get Member-Pricing on Equipment, Apparel, and Accessories from List of 70+ Brands
Help Every Dad Achieve His Best Score Ever with Four New GOLFPASS Instruction Series Led by World-Class Coaches: “Breaking Par” (Cameron McCormick); “Breaking 80” (Martin Hall); “Breaking 90” (Martin Chuck); and “Breaking 100” (Andrew Rice) Launch Today Exclusively for GOLFPASS Members
GOLFPASS Members Get Monthly Credit Toward Rounds of Golf at a Selection of Courses from Harbour Town and Royal Portrush to Local Favorites; Unlimited $100 Travel Credits at Top Golf Resorts, including Sea Island and Bali Hai; and More
ORLANDO, Fla. (May 29, 2019) – GOLFPASS is rolling out the red carpet this Father’s Day by introducing a myriad of new member benefits that make golf’s perfect gift for Dad even better.
“Golfers are passionate about their game and equipment, which also means they are also hard to buy for. You could spend time shopping multiple places for Dad and still come away short-handed, or you simply can click to give him the perfect Father’s Day gift – automatically connecting him to his passion for golf in all the ways he loves best,” said Amanda Norvell, vice president, Direct-to-Consumer Products/Services, GOLF. “Actually, GOLFPASS is more than a gift because it keeps on giving with benefits added all year long, helping members play more, learn from the best teachers, watch exclusive videos, save on travel, and shop more than 70 of golf’s top brands through special member pricing.”
HOW TO BUY
Gifting a GOLFPASS membership for Father’s Day is as easy as visiting GOLFPASS’ dedicated Father's Day section, picking the desired membership option – 1 month ($9.99), 3 months ($29.99) or 1 year ($99) – writing a personal message and clicking to purchase. Immediately, or on a chosen date, Dads will receive an e-gift card with a promotional code to redeem. Also, those selecting the annual membership will automatically send the recipient a free dozen of TaylorMade golf balls.
Making Father’s Day shopping even easier, GOLF Channel’s Morning Drive will introduce viewers to the Shoppable TV technology on Thursday, May 30, and Friday, May 31, a new way to purchase a GOLFPASS membership and shop for equipment, apparel and other great Father’s Day deals within the environment of the show. During the Morning Drive telecast, viewers will be able to activate the Shoppable TV experience by holding up their phone cameras up to the screen during the “Give Dad the Gift of Golf” segment and the technology will take them directly to an online destination for browsing and purchase.
GOLFPASS members are always offered member-pricing when shopping for equipment offered by TaylorMade and Revolution GOLF, as well as the more than 70 top brands – including Linksoul, J. Lindeberg, as well as American icon Bill Murray’s golf lifestyle brand, William Murray Golf – through Shop with GOLF, an e-commerce platform recently launched by NBCUniversal.
EXCLUSIVE COACHING PROGRAMS TO HELP DADS SHOOT THEIR BEST SCORES EVER
Helping Dads set a goal to shoot the best round of their lives, GOLFPASS is launching four new original series hosted by world-class coaches from Revolution GOLF and available exclusively for GOLFPASS members. No matter what Dad’s goal is – to break 100, 90, 80 or par for the first time – GOLFPASS has an instructional series tailored for him.
- Breaking Par– Cameron McCormick, who has propelled the careers of some of the world’s most successful golfers, including three-time major champion Jordan Spieth, incorporates principles from his GOLF Channel/Revolution GOLF Skill Code series to further hone golfers’ skills in the pursuit of the holy grail of breaking par. McCormick will appear on Morning Drive on Thursday, June 6.
- Breaking 80 – Martin Hall, host of GOLF Channel’s School of GOLF and the Build a Better Game Plan instruction series, tackles consistency and technique to help golfers continually improve their scores over time to show that breaking 80 is not impossible. Hall will make his Morning Drive appearance on Monday, June 3.
- Breaking 90 – Martin Chuck, founder of the acclaimed Tour Striker Golf Academy, helps golfers take the next step in game improvement by breaking down specific skill sets to break 90. Chuck will appear on Morning Drive on Wednesday, June 5.
- Breaking 100 – Andrew Rice, who has been teaching golf for more than 25 years and earned placement on the Top 50 Teachers in America list, lays out a step-by-step, conservative plan that breaks down specific areas for skill development and introduces practice plans to help break the monumental score of 100. Rice will introduce his series on Morning Drive on Tuesday, June 4.
Each coach will make an appearance on Morning Drive on consecutive days – starting Monday, June 3 – to introduce his series.
Another instruction series recently premiering on GOLFPASS is Coaches Playbook: Be a Player from GOLF Academy lead coaches Pia Nilsson and Lynn Marriott. Based on their groundbreaking eponymous book, members can learn and apply the mental and physical skills that help manage the game and its accompanying emotions, leading to better golf. These same practices by Nilsson and Marriott have helped superstar players succeed, including Hall-of-Famer Annika Sorenstam, major champions Ariya Jutanugarn and Suzann Pettersen, and two-time tour winner Kevin Streelman.
“The team of world-class instructors on GOLFLPASS are experts at using video to teach and guide golfers toward personal milestones,” said Justin Tupper, executive vice president, Emerging Businesses, GOLF.
GOLFPASS members have access to more than 4,000 on-demand instruction videos featuring many of the world’s elite coaches from the staff of Revolution GOLF, including McCormick, Hall, Chuck, Rich, as well as well as Sean Foley, who has coached star players like Justin Rose, Danny Willet and Tiger Woods; and Chris Como, who also coached Woods in addition to Masters Champion Trevor Immelman and veteran player Jamie Lovemark. Also included is a library of fitness videos featuring golf-specific exercises demonstrated by expert Don Saladino.
These and many more shopping and learning benefits are included in a GOLFPASS membership, which also features:
- A monthly tee-time credit provided by GOLFNOW toward a round of golf at a choice of nearly 7,000 courses around the world – from the best local courses to icons like Harbour Town Golf Links, host of the RBC Heritage; Pasatiempo Golf Club, site of the Western Intercollegiate; and Royal Portrush Golf Club, host site of The 148th Open in July.
- Access to a video library totaling more than 1,000 hours, including GOLFPASS originals, featuring GOLFPASS founder Rory McIlroy and more; and GOLF Channel’s robust video archive, which spans historic competitions, insight from golf’s biggest names and award-winning franchises like Emmy-nominated Feherty, GOLF Films and more.
- Unlimited $100 travel credit at a selection of top resorts, including Sea Island, Streamsong, The Biltmore, and Reynolds Lake Oconee, as well as priority booking and $100 off GOLF Advisor Getaways featured on the GOLF Channel ‘Round Trip’ series and hosted by GOLF personalities, including travel insider Matt Ginella and history/architecture expert Bradley S. Klein.
-NBC Sports Group-