COBRA GOLF’S NEW, F-MAX SUPERLITE IRONS OFFER MODERATE SWING SPEED PLAYERS MORE POWER AND BETTER LAUNCH
F-MAX Superlite Irons & Hybrids are COBRA’s Lightest, Easiest-to-Hit Ever
Hi-Res Images: http://bit.ly/2wkbdlj
Carlsbad, Calif. (September 13, 2018) – COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and design, introduced today the lightest, easiest-to-hit irons and hybrids in company history. Building off the success of the original F-MAX irons which debuted in 2017, the 2018 F-MAX men’s and women’s Superlite irons and combo sets feature incredibly light-weight technologies and designs that provide more club speed, distance and easier launch than ever before.
The COBRA Golf F-MAX Superlite Irons take ultralight technology to the next level. The re-engineered clubhead is 4-grams lighter, and maintains the same high MOI, delivering optimized forgiveness and stability. A 5-gram lighter shaft and a 7-gram lighter grip design, results in 16 grams in weight-savings ensuring the fastest club and ball speed possible for golfers with moderate swing speeds. Continuing the weight minimization theme, COBRA’s new Superlite shafts offer for the perfect blend of speed, distance and launch. The F-MAX Superlite Irons also feature an extremely comfortable, Midsize LAMKIN REL 360 grip (the women’s irons feature a standard men’s size grip) that is engineered using a softer, 7 grams lighter, rubber compound, delivering a lighter swing weight and improved comfort on longer approach shots. Complementing its lightest shaft and grip offering ever, COBRA Golf has designed F-MAX Superlite Irons with the following industry-leading super game improvement technologies:
- Optimized Center of Gravity – Progressive hosel lengths strategically position the CG (Center of Gravity) in each iron to produce the desired launch and trajectory. Shorter hosels in the long irons lower the CG to promote higher launch and distance, while taller hosels in the short iron wedges raise the CG to promote lower, controlled trajectories.
- Progressive Offset Design – gradually increases from minimal offset in the wedges and short irons that require more precision to maximum offset in the long irons where increased launch & right to left draw bias.
- Low CG/High MOI Design – Weight is positioned in the low heel and low toe areas to increase forgiveness and stability on off-center hits for straighter, more accurate approach shots.
- Low Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A low profile shape paired with a deep undercut cavity design work in unison to get the ball airborne quicker, increase ball speeds and create easy launch to optimize carry and overall distance.
- Greater Lofts – Greater iron lofts maximize flight trajectory, resulting in increased carry distances, and improved stopping power into greens.
- Premium Chrome Finish – a nickel, two-tone chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
- Specialty Wedge Design – A specialty wedge design in the GW and SW provides added versatility and shot control around the greens.
“Building off of the success of our original F-MAX lightweight design, we’ve reengineered Superlite to be our lightest, fastest and most forgiving game improvement clubs ever. Any player with a moderate swing speed will benefit from the design innovations in this product line,” said Tom Olsavsky, Vice President of R&D for COBRA Golf.
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX Superlite Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing.
- Men’s Steel Irons ($599) – 7-piece, stock 5-PW, GW set features a KBS Superlite steel shaft in stiff and regular flex; a graphite offering is available through custom, utilizing a COBRA Superlite 55 gram shaft in stiff and regular and a 50 gram shaft in lite flex; both available in right-hand and left-hand versions. Available in sleek black/red colorway.
- Men’s Graphite Combo Set ($699) – Two stock 7-piece combo set offerings feature 4H, 5H, 6-PW in regular flex and 5H, 6H, 7-PW, GW in lite flex; both sets come with a COBRA Superlite shaft (55g in regular flex and 50g in lite); available in both right-hand and left-hand versions. Available in sleek black/red colorway.
- Women’s Graphite Combo Set ($699) – A 7-piece set features a COBRA Superlite 50 gram shaft and includes two hybrids and five irons (5H, 6H, 7-PW, SW); available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in ladies flex. Available in striking black/Lexi blue colorway.
The aforementioned men’s and women’s F-MAX Superlite Hybrids featured in the combo sets
- Forged 455 High-Strength Stainless Steel Insert – enhances launch and ball speed across the face.
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and heelward delivering straighter trajectories.
- Crown Alignment Feature – A subtle crown alignment design assists players with a square set up at address without being visually distracting.
- Offset Hosel Design – An offset hosel design helps deliver a square face at impact to maximize launch and distance and correct rightward shot tenedencies.
The men’s F-MAX Superlite Hybrids are available in 3H (19-degrees), 4H (22-degrees), 5H (25-degrees), 6H (28-degrees) and 7H (31-degrees) of loft and feature a street price of $179 per club. The women’s F-MAX Superlite Hybrids are available in 4H (23.5o), 5H (26.5 o), 6H (29.5 o) and 7H (32.5 o) in RH/LH in ladies flex. The F-MAX Superlite Irons and Hybrids are available beginning October 5, 2018 in store and at https://www.cobragolf.com/fmax-superlite.
About COBRA PUMA GOLF
COBRA PUMA GOLF is a corporate division of PUMA SE and combines two strong brands that provide a full range of offerings to the golf industry. COBRA PUMA GOLF is an inclusive company for golfers of all abilities, attitudes and styles who enjoy the game. The portfolio includes COBRA Golf’s high performance drivers, fairways, hybrids and irons, as well as PUMA Golf’s SportLifestyle including footwear, apparel and accessories to help golfers Look Better. Feel Better. Play Better. Fusing performance and style, COBRA PUMA GOLF brings a focus on innovation, technology, compelling design and superior performance with an edge to the global golf marketplace. COBRA PUMA GOLF is a part of PUMA SE, one of the world’s leading lifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit cobragolf.com and cobragolf.com/pumagolf.