Highlights Include Kids Day, YMCA Kids Zone, Saturday Night Concert at the Course, Food, Fun and More
BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN (May 17, 2018) – Families attending this year’s 79th KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship will enjoy new kids activities and on-site experiences at Harbor Shores. The fun begins with all juniors, 17 and under, admitted into the Championship for free with an accompanying ticketed adult (limited to four minors per one ticketed adult).
“The PGA of America and KitchenAid are dedicated to delivering an unforgettable major Championship to all,” said Ryan Ogle, championship director. “We’re especially looking forward to Kids Day on Saturday, May 26, of Championship Week, which will feature new on-site initiatives such as the ‘feed the gator’ competition and the smoothie race. We want to make this a memorable event for families, where each person can find something they enjoy.”
In addition to watching great golf, families can explore the following on-site attractions:
- Kids Day: All youth can participate in fun, interactive activities on Saturday, May 26. From 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. ET, kids will be invited to a variety of on-site activities courtesy of KitchenAid and the PGA of America:
10 a.m.: Photo opportunities with Alfred S. Bourne Trophy at the KitchenAid Fairway Club
10:15-11:15 a.m.: Smoothie Race at the KitchenAid Fairway Club for the first 50 kids
2 p.m. John Dudley Magic Show in Jean Klock Park
2:30 p.m. Golf Ball Decorating Contest in Jean Klock Park
3-4 p.m. “Feed the Gator” Golf Competition in Jean Klock Park
- YMCA Kids Zone: Located at Jean Klock Park, kids can enjoy inflatable hitting balls with lessons from Michigan Section PGA Professionals, bounce houses and much more. The YMCA Kids Zone will be open Friday, May 25 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET as well as on Saturday and Sunday of the tournament from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ET.
- Saturday Night Concert: Northern Michigan natives, The Accidentals, who were named as one of the top breakout groups in 2015 by Billboard, will take over a newly constructed stage at the Championship entrance on Saturday, May 26, to perform for golf fans. Opening for the Accidentals is another local favorite, Slim Gypsy Baggage, a Southwest Michigan born blend of soulful, spirited, roots rock. The concert is open to all ages. Fans with a valid ticket to the Championship on Saturday will have access to attend this concert, which begins at 5 p.m. Championship gates and concession stands will remain open through 8 p.m. to accommodate this special musical guest.
- Community Showcase Tent: Returning to the Championship, the Community Showcase is located at the main entrance. Local volunteers will staff it each day, greeting fans and welcoming out-of-town guests with insider recommendations about places to see and things to do in the area. Fans can scan their tickets at this location for a chance to win a $5,000 KitchenAid Shopping Spree and prize packages from the local community.
- Celebrity Chefs: Some of the world’s best culinary creators will once again be on-site at the KitchenAid Fairway Club. Demonstrations are held Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 1 p.m. ET. Headliners include TV personality, culinary traveler, author of Straight Up Tasty, and host of Cooking Channel’s “Secret Eats with Adam Richman,” Adam Richman; Co-Host of ABC’s Emmy-Award Winning daytime series “The Chew” and Bravo “Top Chef” alumni Carla Hall and finally, the Culinary Director at Food & Wine, host of Mad Genius LIVE, James Beard Award nominee and author of two cookbooks, Justin Chapple. Local chefs, including Tim Foley of Bread + Bar, Cheyenne Galbraith of The Boulevard Inn & Bistro, Mike Kenat from Salt of The Earth, Abra Berens from Granor Farm and all-day chef from KitchenAid, Chris Covelli, will round out the cooking demonstration schedule.
- Food Trucks: Food trucks will be on-site each day in Jean Klock Park offering a variety of mouth-watering dishes catered to every palette such as barbeque, tacos, and sweet treats. Fans are invited to stop by and support the community’s local businesses as well as receive complimentary prizes during Championship week.
For more information about the 79th KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, or to purchase tickets, visit SrPGA.com or call 1-800-PGA-GOLF (800-742-4653).