Scottsdale, Ariz. (February 8, 2018) – Twenty-five Troon-affiliated facilities were recently named 2018 Platinum Award winners by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM). The AGM is an international, professional association of golf-related merchandisers and vendors headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz. The AGM’s Platinum Awards recognize premier golf shops from the private, public, resort and off-course sectors.
“We are so proud of the 25 Troon-affiliated facilities and happy for the associates who work diligently every day to provide customers with an amazing merchandising experience,” said Kristen Goulet, director retail operations, Troon. “The AGM Platinum Awards are the pinnacle of retail awards in the golf merchandising industry.”
Troon Golf and Troon Privé facilities named AGM Platinum Award winners include:
- Abu Dhabi Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Al Zorah Golf Club in Ajman, United Arab Emirates
- BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Centennial Golf Club in Carmel, New York
- Classic Club in Palm Desert, Calif.
- Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Columbus Country Club in Columbus, Ohio
- Golf Club at Lansdowne in Leesburg, Virginia
- Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii
- Kapalua Plantation in Maui, Hawaii
- La Paloma Country Club in Tucson, Ariz.
- Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Conn
- Manchester Country Club in Bedford, New Hampshire
- Marin Country Club in Novato, Calif.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club in Princeville, Hawaii
- Pronghorn Resort in Bend, Ore.
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Els Club Desaru Coast - Ocean Course in Malaysia
- The Els Club Dubai in United Arab Emirates
- The Els Club Teluk Datai-Rainforest Course in Malaysia
- The Palmer Course at La Cantera in San Antonio, Texas
- The Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Tiburón Golf Club in Naples, Fla.
- Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Additionally, four Troon Platinum Award winners were recognized among the AGM’s “Top 10 Best of The Best,” including:
• Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii
• Manchester Country Club in Bedford, New Hampshire
• Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
All winners were recognized during the AGM’s Annual Retail Conference in Orlando, Fla. on Tuesday, January 23rd. To be considered for a Platinum Award, courses were invited to submit golf shop nominations. Entries were then judged by an impartial panel on a number of categories, including customer satisfaction initiatives, creative use of space, inventory control practices, revenue-generating initiatives, promotions and visual displays.
In addition to golf course retail operations, Troon also operates tennis, fitness, resort and marina retail outlets across the globe. Troon's national purchasing programs enable owners to receive the benefit of group buying power on hundreds of retail items.
About The AGM
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1989, the AGM is an international, professional association whose members include golf professionals, buyers, club managers, owners and suppliers to the golf industry. The AGM is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission of education and it strives to educate golf professionals and buyers, elevate the golf merchandising profession, and enhance communication between buyers and vendor partners. For more information on the AGM, visit http://agmgolf.org.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company, with more than 270 golf courses in its portfolio. Troon also specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 150 restaurants located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities around the world. The company oversees operations at Troon Golf, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon) and Troon International with properties located in 35 states and 33 countries. Additionally, there are 57 Troon affiliated properties featuring 79 courses that have been recipients of a “Top 100” ranking by national and international publications. Troon properties include Lake of Isles Golf Club in North Stonington, Connecticut; Kapalua on Maui, Hawaii; The Centurion Club in London, England; Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples in Florida; Els Club Desaru Coast in Malaysia; and Palmilla Golf Club in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.