Revolutionary TRI-FI-GRIP™ Outsole Provides Exceptional Traction, Stability
(LONDONDERRY, NH) – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces the launch of ECCO BIOM® HYBRID 3 featuring the ECCO TRI-FI-GRIP™ outsole with a multi-purpose zonal performance structure for optimal traction and stability.
Specifically engineered to move with the foot through the swing, the multi-purpose zonal performance structure is focused on three key segments:
- Zone 1 centers on delivering outstanding lateral stability throughout the swing.
- Zone 2 forms the middle of the outsole and is designed to enhance walking comfort through the round and beyond. It also features a durability region in the heel where shoes can be prone to wearing.
- Zone 3 is a specially engineered rotational section designed to optimize the movement in the forefoot through slim, rounded lugs which promote fast and easy rotation through the swing.
The latest evolution of the brand’s multi-award winning ECCO BIOM HYBRID franchise, ECCO BIOM HYBRID 3 boasts a supple Yak leather upper protected by a waterproof GORE-TEX® membrane, for exceptional flexibility and protection from the elements.
“We approached this project with the question: ‘How can we make the best, better?’ By combining our new TRI-FI-GRIP innovation with the same technological features created by the BIOM last, I believe we have achieved our goal,” says Lead Designer Andrzej Bikowski. “The fact that all ECCO BIOM HYBRID 3 models offer complete waterproof GORE-TEX construction further exemplifies our commitment to progress and excellence.”
Available in bold options for men and women, additional features of ECCO BIOM HYBRID 3 include:
- An ECCO Racer Yak leather upper with supreme breathability and durability
- 100% GORE-TEX® waterproof protection, guaranteed for three years
- The option of a BOA® closure system for optimum fit
- ECCO Freedom Fit mixing a snug heel setting with a roomier forefoot area that allows toes to move naturally
- BIOM® NATURAL MOTION® technology brings the player closer to the ground while offering an anatomical last shape with superb cushioning and advanced support
- Removable Ortholite® inlay soles, offering long-term cushioning, enhanced breathability, moisture management and the option of extra width
As is the case with all of the golf shoes in ECCO GOLF’s Spring/Summer 2018 Collection, ECCO BIOM HYBRID 3 is crafted at company-owned factories that utilize FLUIDFORM™ technology to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Fred Couples, Ernie Els, Smylie Kaufman, Peter Hanson, Thomas Bjørn, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee, Caroline Masson and Gerina Piller, among others.
ECCO®, a world-leading brand of shoes combining style and comfort, has built its success on great design and leather quality, and innovative technology. Founded in Denmark in 1963, ECCO is one of the few major shoe manufacturers in the world, which owns and manages every aspect of its leather and shoe productions, and its retail sales. ECCO is among the largest producers in the world of high-quality leather, which is used in ECCO’s shoes, and own production of leather goods and is also sold to several leading luxury brands. Today, ECCO products are sold in 87 countries in more than 3,300 ECCO shops and shop-in-shops, and at more than 14,000 sales points around the world. The company is family-owned and employs more than 19,000 people worldwide.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.