PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL, USA – (Jan. 17, 2017) GOLFZON (www.golfzonsimulator.com), a global leader in golf simulators, will conduct a $1 Million Shootout competition during the PGA Merchandise Show January 25-27, 2017, in Orlando, FL, at the Orange County Convention Center, with a prize of a GOLFZON simulator going to the winner of the unique, three-day event if there is no $1 million hole-in-one winner.
GOLFZON will be located at Booth 3251 during the golf industry’s largest exposition and education program that kicks off the 2017 golf season. The GOLFZON competition will include daily qualifying rounds Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m.-noon, with the top-10 participants daily who finish closest to the hole qualifying for an afternoon chance to win $10,000 with a hole in one and other cash prizes. The three daily winners advance to Friday’s early afternoon final and the $1 Million Shootout where they will each have one chance to make a hole in one and earn $1 million. The closest to the hole among the three finalists is guaranteed to win a GOLFZON simulator, a value of approximately $50,000, and cash prizes.
“GOLFZON is excited to have the opportunity to conduct its first-ever $1 Million Shootout on our golf simulators during the PGA Merchandise Show, especially the anticipation about taking shots for $1 million and definitely taking home a GOLFZON golf simulator,” said Tommy Lim, CEO of GOLFZON America Inc. “Events like this and the ‘Tournament Within a Tournament’ with the Executive Women’s Golf Association (EWGA) last November display the enthusiastic response that participants have shown toward playing golf on our realistic simulators. Both of these competitive formats build on our company philosophy of making golf more enjoyable for everyone.”
To facilitate the competition, GOLFZON is working with Perfect Golf Event Inc. (PerfectGolfEvent.com), a website organized to help not-for-profits have successful golf events and raise more money in a simple and economical manner.
GOLFZON will be promoting its new curved screen simulator in 2017, further displaying more of its technological advances in the golf simulator field. Two on-site GOLFZON simulators at the PGA Show will include the VISION Curved Screen and GDR with the moving swing plate that make the brand so unique in the industry. The GOLFZON VISION Curved is a new product with a 23-foot wide screen with full HD quality, with the capability of expansion to 50 feet wide.
“The GOLFZON simulator is a perfect fit for a media room for customers who love golf and want something special for their family room,” Lim said. “GDR software is perfect for practicing golf, playing rounds with your family and for inviting friends to visit and play rounds of golf on more than 150 international golf courses.”
GOLFZON displayed its golf simulators widely during 2016 as a part of the company’s long-standing philosophy to help others in need and by making golf enjoyable for everyone. These events included:
- A first-time presence at the the NAHB International Builders’ Show, held in Las Vegas in 2016, and a second year at the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL, where the company entered the U.S. golf marketplace. GOLFZON is once again present at the NAHB Builders’ Show in early January in Orlando.
- Approximately 8,500 people tried three simulators during the Open Championship golf tournament in Troon, Scotland. Two were located at Royal Troon at the HSBC Golf Zone as part of the Spectator Village and another in the town of Troon during the world’s oldest professional major golf tournament.
- A simulator was donated in mid-August to the Roy W. Roberts II Watts/Willowbrook Boys & Girls Club in inner-city Los Angeles, introducing hundreds of youngsters to the technology and the sport. LPGA star Alison Lee, a GOLFZON Ambassador, was on hand for the presentation along with nine-time All-Star basketball guard Chris Paul, whose foundation has benefitted the facility.
- In mid-September, Ryder Cup week began with the donation of a simulator to PGA REACH, the philanthropic arm of the PGA of America, for use by the Minneapolis location for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Derek Sprague, the President of the PGA of America, spoke to open the Veterans & Family Golf Clinic on Monday, Sept. 26 and recognized GOLFZON YUWON GROUP Chairman Young Chan Kim for the company’s contribution.
- In partnership with the Executive Women’s Golf Association, GOLFZON debuted the “Tournament Within A Tournament” concept in mid-November 2016 during the organization’s EWGA Cup at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, CA. A field of 400 players from across the United States competed in a golf tournament that was supplemented by golf simulator competition using a two-person, alternate-shot format over the final three holes at Pebble Beach Golf Links and long drive and closest to the pin contests.
- ENDS -
+1 (904) 910-7728
Notes for Editors:
GOLFZON is a global leader in the golf simulator industry, established in South Korea in 2000. GOLFZON has been trying to overcome the entry barrier to golf and expand the number of golfers under the corporate philosophy, “making golf enjoyable for everyone,” believing that golf should be no longer exclusive for the upper class. With a simulation-based business model consisting of golf, IT, and culture, GOLFZON has the largest market share in the global golf simulator business. In addition, products have been internationally recognized for their high quality and are currently being exported to more than 40 countries in Asia, North America, Europe, and other continents.
For more information, please go to golfzonsimulator.com.
About Perfect Golf Event
Perfect Golf Event Inc., (PerfectGolfEvent.com) is organized to help not-for-profits have a more successful golf event and raise more money in a simple and economical manner. Supported by a national network of experienced Golf Event Coaches, Perfect Golf Event assists groups looking to organize, manage and market a fundraising golf event, beginning with a free service and scaling up. Organizations benefit in three key areas: Fundraising, connecting supporters in local markets to the goals of the national organization and developing new potential supporters by introducing them to the organization.
Signature Group’s’ clients are solely responsible for the accuracy of all information submitted by them for distribution. Signature Group shall not be responsible or liable for any of the information transmitted on or through Signature Group on behalf of clients, and shall not be responsible or liable for any investment decisions made based on such information.