MyGolfSpy Ranks Tour Edge HL3 Iron-Wood #1 Most Forgiving Super Game Improvement Iron Set in 2019 Most Wanted Testing
MyGolfSpy has named the Tour Edge HL3 Iron-Wood set the Most Forgiving Super Game Improvement iron set in their 2019 Most Wanted testing.
The popular website that bills itself ‘Truth Digest’ tested 10 different super game improvement iron sets for over 120 hours with over 6,000 shots analyzed to name the best of the best in super game improvement irons for 2019.
Their in-depth tests utilizing hundreds of thousands of data points led them to name the HL3 Iron-Wood the most forgiving in the super game improvement iron set category.
They said the following about the hollow-body set designed by Tour Edge Master Club designer David Glod:
- “Exceptional Ball Speed Consistency”
- “Extremely tight shot consistency at the mid and long iron distances”
- “If you’re looking for forgiveness – the Tour Edge HL3 Iron-Woods impressed us with its consistency across several key metrics”
- “Testers in the slower swing speed category tended to favor clubs that helped the ball get up in the air. Clubs like the Tour Edge HL3 Iron-Woods were among the top-rated for slower swing speed golfers”
“This is a great award from MyGolfSpy as we believe that the most important factor in super game improvement irons is forgiveness and staying in the fairway,” said Glod. “This hollow-body design creates a higher launch that will help slower swing speeds get the ball in the air with ease. The forgiveness and ease-of-use of Hot Launch iron-woods have revolutionized the game for hundreds of thousands of golfers.”
In the test, the HL3 Iron-Wood long irons rated tied for 1st in strokes gained with a 42% performance rating, while the short irons rated tied for 3rd in strokes gained with a 50% performance rating. MyGolfSpy deems the strokes gained metric as one of the most important in how a golf club fits a particular golfer.
Here’s a look at some of the data where the HL3 Iron-Wood excelled in the super game improvement iron set test:
HL3 Iron-Wood 5-iron
1st in High Launch
1st in Apex Height
1st in Yards to Center
1st in Tightest Shot Area (Dispersion)
HL3 Iron-Wood 7-iron
2nd in High Launch
2nd in Apex Height
1st in Tightest Shot Area (Dispersion)
How did MyGolfSpy test?
MyGolfSpy provides independent, unbiased and objective testing by employing consistent testing methodologies and advanced golf analytics inside their 100% independent test facility.
Their goal is to have the consumer apply head-to-head data to help unlock their full potential.
All testers used Bridgestone Tour-B RX golf balls for consistency and to reduce test variables. All head data was captured using the Foresight GCQuad Launch Monitor.
My Golf Spy used the largest human testing pool in the industry and takes into account swing speed, age, handicap and swing variations, while also taking into account tester fatigue and randomization.
About Tour Edge
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering golfers with high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable.
He is now considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Tour Edge products have been put in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA Tour Champions, LPGA Tour and Korn Ferry Tour, as well as European professional tours, and have been in play in every PGA TOUR major championship and in Ryder Cup competitions. This has led Tour Edge equipment to 21 wins on the PGA Tours (10 PGA TOUR, 10 PGA Tour Champions and one Korn Ferry Tour victories.)
Since 2018, Tour Edge clubs earned 11 wins, 12 runner-up finishes, over 45 Top 5 finishes and over 75 Top 10 finishes on the PGA Tours.
Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 33 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and Bazooka.
• Exotics products bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace with tour preferred designs and smaller production runs. Exotics clubs utilize higher-grade, avant-garde materials and manufacturing methods that have established Exotics as a leader in quality craftsmanship and to redefine what is possible in golf club performance.
• Hot Launch has forged a name for itself as a producer of high-quality premium game improvement golf clubs from driver to wedge. Hot Launch has proven to provide the greatest custom fit value in golf and includes an unprecedented guaranteed 48-hour custom fit delivery program.
• Bazooka represents Tour Edge’s Get In The Game products and the absolute best value available in golf, offering advancing players, beginners, women and juniors the best in playability and affordability.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Vice President of Marketing
Tour Edge Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110