FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KemperSports-Managed Properties Highlighted in Golf Digest’s 100 Greatest Public Courses List
NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS, May 13, 2019 – Golf Digest named 12 KemperSports-managed properties to its highly-competitive 100 Greatest Public Courses list, with eight courses landing in the top 25. With this recognition, KemperSports continues to manage more top-100 golf courses than any other management company.
KemperSports courses on Golf Digest’s 100 Greatest Public Courses range from perennial favorites like Pacific Dunes to exciting newcomers like Mammoth Dunes and Streamsong Black, which also captured the magazine’s Best New Course title in 2018. The full list of the company’s courses in the top 100 include:
- No. 2 – Pacific Dunes (Bandon, Oregon)
- No. 7 – Bandon Dunes (Bandon, Oregon)
- No. 10 – Bandon Trails (Bandon, Oregon)
- No. 12 – Old Macdonald (Bandon, Oregon)
- No. 18 – Sand Valley (Rome, Wisconsin)
- No. 19 – Streamsong Red (Streamsong, Florida)
- No. 21 – Chambers Bay – (University Place, Washington)
- No. 24 – Streamsong Blue (Streamsong, Florida)
- No. 27 – Mammoth Dunes – (Rome, Wisconsin)
- No. 32 – Streamsong Black (Streamsong, Florida)
- No. 67 – Golden Horseshoe – Gold Course (Williamsburg, Virginia)
- No. 72 – Wilderness at Fortune Bay (Tower, Minnesota)
“We are proud of this incredible portfolio of courses and congratulate our clients and the dedicated teams who help make them an unforgettable golf experience,” said Steve Skinner, CEO of KemperSports. “These courses truly represent some of the best golf in the United States, if not the world.”
The Golf Digest’s 100 Greatest Public Courses is a biennial list based on scores from the publication’s thousands of panelists and golf course architecture enthusiasts. Panelists rate course architecture in seven categories: shot values, design variety, memorability, aesthetics, resistance to scoring, conditioning and ambience. The full list is available in the June 2019 issue of Golf Digest.
Northbrook, Ill.-based KemperSports builds, owns, leases and manages golf courses, resorts, athletic clubs and lodging venues across the U.S., Caribbean and Central America. The company’s award-winning portfolio includes nationally-ranked courses, private clubs, municipal courses and tournament venues such as Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, named the No. 1 Golf Resort in North America by Golf Digest and GOLF Magazine; Streamsong Resort; The Glen Club; Desert Willow Golf Resort; and Chambers Bay, host of the 2015 U.S. Open. For more information about KemperSports, please visit http://www.kempersports.com.