NEWS…for immediate release
26 TROON-AFFILIATED FACILITIES NAMED ASSOCIATION OF GOLF MERCHANDISERS 2019 PLATINUM AWARD WINNERS
Scottsdale, Ariz. (December 18, 2018) – Twenty-six Troon-affiliated facilities have been named 2019 Platinum Award winners by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM). The AGM is an international, professional association of golf-related merchandisers and vendors headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz. The AGM’s Platinum Awards recognize premier golf shops from the private, public, resort and off-course sectors.
“The AGM Platinum Awards are the pinnacle of retail awards in the golf merchandising industry,” said Kristen Goulet, director retail operations, Troon. “Thank you and huge kudos to our regional retail team and the on-site teams who are involved in driving a retail experience that excites members and guests day-in and day-out at our Troon-affiliated facilities.”
The 12 Troon Golf, 9 Troon Privé and 5 Troon International affiliated facilities named AGM Platinum Award winners, include:
- BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Belfair in Bluffton, South Carolina
- Classic Club in Palm Desert, Calif.
- Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Fieldstone Golf Club in Greenville, Del.
- Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, Calif.
- Kapalua Bay Course in Maui, Hawaii
- Kapalua Plantation in Maui, Hawaii
- Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Conn.
- Manchester Country Club in Bedford, New Hampshire
- Marin Country Club in Novato, Calif.
- Pinetop Country Club in Pinetop, Ariz.
- Pravets Golf Club in Pravets, Bulgaria
- Princeville Makai Golf Club in Princeville, Hawaii
- Royal Greens Golf & Country Club in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Seaview Golf Club in Galloway, New Jersey
- The Els Club Dubai in United Arab Emirates
- The Golf Club at Lansdowne in Lansdowne, Va.
- The Royal Golf Club in Bahrain, Riffa, Bahrain
- The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Tiburón Golf Club in Naples, Fla.
- Troon Country Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club in Wickenburg, Ariz.
- Yocha Dehe Golf Club in Brooks, Calif.
All winners will be recognized during the AGM’s Annual Retail Conference in Orlando, Fla. on Tuesday, January 22nd. To be considered for a Platinum Award, courses were invited to submit golf shop nominations. Entries were then judged by an impartial panel and were graded on new ideas, creativity, adaptability, revenue-generating initiatives and adhering to the contest rules.
In addition to golf course retail operations, Troon also operates tennis, fitness, resort and marina retail outlets across the globe. Troon's national purchasing programs enable owners to receive the benefit of group buying power on hundreds of retail items.
About The AGM
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1989, the AGM is an international, professional association whose members include golf professionals, buyers, club managers, owners and suppliers to the golf industry. The AGM is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission of education and it strives to educate golf professionals and buyers, elevate the golf merchandising profession, and enhance communication between buyers and vendor partners. For more information on the AGM, visit http://agmgolf.org.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at more than 360 locations around the globe, including 280 golf courses at 246 facilities. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 150 restaurants located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 35 states and 30 countries, divisions of Troon include Troon Golf, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon), Troon International and Cliff Drysdale Management. There are currently 60 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 80 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings. Troon-affiliated properties include Bayside Resort Golf Club in Selbyville, Delaware; Kapalua on Maui, Hawaii; Mauna Lani Resort on the Kohala Coast on Hawaii; Pronghorn in Bend, Oregon; Lofoten Links in Norway; and Mollymook Golf Club in Australia. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Blog, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Golf & Travel.