Exotics In The Bag as Skip Kendall Earns Full Card at PGA Champions Q-School with Runner-Up Finish
Former four-time Web.com Tour champion Skip Kendall played an Exotics fairway wood to a 2nd place finish at the 2018 PGA TOUR Champions National Qualifying Tournament at the TPC Tampa Bay Nov.30th.
Kendall fired rounds of 70-78-64-69 to finish runner-up at the rough and tough Q-School finals. He secured one of only five PGA Champions Tour cards for 2019 up for grabs at the event. Kendall is playing an Exotics 15 degree 3–wood.
Facing a field of 78 players competing over 72 holes for five fully-exempt cards in 2019, Kendall improved his status to full-time on the Champions Tour in 2019. Kendall is a long-time supporter and player of Tour Edge product.
“To be in play for such an important event means a lot, especially in a Q-school event that means so much to the players on how many events they get to play in next year,” said Tour Edge President and Master Club Designer David Glod. “We look forward to working with and servicing Skip next season on the PGA Tour Champions.”
This is the second PGA Tour Champions Q-School in a row that a player has earned full-exempt status playing a Tour Edge club. Tim Petrovic earned his full card at the 2018 Q-School by finishing T4th while playing a Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3-wood.
Petrovic had a career year in 2018 while playing up to four Exotics metalwoods in the majority of the events he played in. He finished the year ranked 9th on the final Charles Schwab money list with $1.43 million in earnings.
In all, over 50 players have put over 300 Exotics clubs into play since Exotics was launched to the tour in the last year. This includes the new Exotics EXS Driver and hybrids and the award-winning Exotics CBX fairway woods, hybrids and iron-woods.
The six winners on the 2018 PGA Tour Champions playing Exotics are:
• The PURE Insurance winner on Sept. 30th
• Exotics hybrid staffer McCarron at the Shaw Charity Classic Sept. 2nd and the American Family Insurance Championship June 24th
• Exotics hybrid staffer Bart Bryant at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open on August 19th
• Exotics hybrid staffer Lehman at the Principal Charity on June 10th
• The Chubb Classic winner on February 17th
On top of the six victories and 10 runner-up finishes, players using Tour Edge clubs have earned 34 Top 5 finishes and 60 Top 10 finishes in the 27 events played this season on the PGA Tour Champions.
Eight out of the Top 25 players (32%) and 16 out of the Top 50 players (32%) in the final Charles Schwab Cup standings put Exotics into play in 2018.
With 16 total wins and runner-up placements in 2018, Exotics clubs finished 1st or 2nd in 59% of the Champions events played this season.
About Tour Edge
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering golfers with high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable. He is now considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Tour Edge products have been put in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA Tour Champions, LPGA Tour and Web.com Tour, as well as European professional tours, and have been in play in every PGA TOUR major event and in Ryder Cup competitions, leading to 17 wins for players playing Tour Edge products on the PGA Tours (10 PGA TOUR, 6 PGA Tour Champions and 1 Web.com Tour).
In 2018 alone, Tour Edge clubs have earned seven wins, nine runner-up finishes, 34 Top 5 finishes and 60 Top 10 finishes on the three PGA Tours. Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 32 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and Bazooka.
• Exotics products bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace with tour preferred designs and smaller production runs. Exotics clubs utilize higher-grade, avant-garde materials and manufacturing methods that have led Exotics to establish itself as a leader in quality craftsmanship and to redefine what is possible in golf club performance.
• Hot Launch has forged a name for itself as a producer of high-quality premium game improvement golf clubs from driver to wedge. Hot Launch has proven to provide the greatest custom fit value in golf and includes an unprecedented guaranteed 48-hour custom fit delivery program.
• Bazooka represents the absolute best value available in golf, offering advanced players, beginners, women and juniors the best in playability and affordability.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Vice President of Marketing
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110