FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 15, 2018
Kaua‘i to Host 7th Annual Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational
(KAUA‘I, Hawai’i) – For the seventh consecutive year, Princeville Makai will play host to 20 collegiate teams at the 2018 Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational from October 27 – 30.
“We are honored to have the continued support of the Kaua‘i Visitors Bureau and Kaua‘i Golf Partners as we join the University of Hawai‘i to host this exciting event,” says Doug Sutter, General Manager at Princeville Makai Golf Club. “Our island offers the perfect destination to showcase these talented junior golfers who represent the future of our sport.”
Including host school Hawai‘i, the Invitational will bring 20 talented teams and their fans to the “Garden Isle” of Kaua‘i. The No. 23-ranked Louisville Cardinals have enjoyed recent success on the Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed course, entering this year as the defending team champions, along with the 2017 individual champion, senior Simon Zach.
First opened in 1971 and renovated in 2009, Princeville Makai was recently highlighted as one of Hawai‘i’s most “Family-Friendly Courses” by Travel Weekly. Visiting fans and locals alike are invited to come see the great collegiate competition and surreal vistas at Princeville Makai, which overlooks majestic Hanalei Bay.
The 54-hole stroke-play event is open to the public and free of charge. More details on the 2018 Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational can be found here.
Visit GoGolfKauai.com to book tee times and stay-and-play packages with the Kaua‘i Visitors Bureau-led Kaua‘i Golf Partners. Proudly home to four of the top-15 venues on Golfweek’s “2018 Best Courses You Can Play in Hawai‘i” Kaua‘i’s golf courses should be on every traveler’s Hawaiian bucket list.
More information: 808.240.3251
About Kaua‘i Golf
Kaua‘i offers over 50 miles of white sand beaches – more beach per mile than any other island in Hawai‘i -- with approximately ten percent of the island developed for commercial and residential use. No building can be taller than the tallest coconut tree, and many places on Kaua‘i are only accessible by air or sea.
Ocean Course at Hōkūala
• One of the “World’s Most Beautiful Golf Courses” by MSN Travel
• The championship 18-hole layout features the longest continuous stretch of ocean holes in Hawai‘i
• The only Jack Nicklaus Signature Course on Kaua‘i
Poipu Bay Golf Course
• Hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 – 2006
• Golfweek’s No. 6 “Best-In-State” in 2018 and Golfweek’s “Americaʻs Top 100 Resort Courses” in 2017
• Po‘ipū Bay and Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i Resort & Spa were named “One of the Top Golf Resorts in the U.S.” by Conde Nast Traveler
Princeville Makai Golf Club
• “One of the Top Five Most Scenic Golf Courses in the World” by National Geographic Traveler
• Golfweek’s No. 4 “Best-In-State” in 2018 and Golf Digest’s No. 10 “Best-In-State” in 2017
• The Makai Course was Robert Trent Jones, Jr.’s first ever solo design
Puakea Golf Course
• Puakea’s land served as the backdrop to many scenes in the original “Jurassic Park” movie
• Named "Best of Kaua‘i" by local golfers from 2013-17 and GOLF Magazine’s No. 14 “Best Public Courses in Hawai‘i” in 2016
• Owned by AOL Co-Founder Steve Case and designed by Robin Nelson
Wailua Golf Course
• Hosted three USGA Amateur and three U.S. Public Links Championships
• Former “No. 3 Public Course in Hawai‘i” by Golf Channel
• One of America’s most beautiful municipal courses whose original holes date back to the 1920’s; the course expanded to 18 holes in 1962 under the direction of Hawai‘i Golf Hall of Famer Toyo Shirai