Elevated Seating, Complimentary Charging Stations, a Community Showcase Tent and More Among On-Site Elements at this Year’s Championship
BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN, (May 23, 2018) – The 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship will offer new on-site experiences that cater to avid golfers, millennials and families. From new viewing structures to food trucks, KitchenAid and the PGA of America are committed to bringing fans closer to the action than ever before this Memorial Day weekend.
“Thanks to the support from our local businesses, we are able to introduce new on-site elements to this year’s event,” said Championship Director Ryan Ogle. “We are committed to creating experiences for spectators that cater to everyone who attends this year’s Championship and highlights the joys of Southwest Michigan.”
In addition to watching golf legends compete for the Alfred S. Bourne Trophy, fans can explore the following opportunities and attractions at Harbor Shores:
- KitchenAid Shopping Spree: Attendees have chances of winning a $5,000 shopping spree of KitchenAid appliances with drawings Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Everyone who has their ticket scanned is automatically entered at one of the following locations: KitchenAid Fairway Club, Stand Mixer Stadium, or KitchenAid vignettes, the Community Showcase, and the Harbor Shores Real Estate Office.
- Makers Trail 19th Hole: New to this year’s Championship will be an upgraded pavilion next to holes 16 and 17 featuring Southwest Michigan wineries, breweries and distilleries. Upon arrival, each individual daily ticket holder will receive four $5 dollar vouchers for use at the Maker's Trail 19th Hole bar.
- Dow Chemical Charging Stations: Attendees to this year’s Championship enjoy the convenience of complimentary charging stations, provided by Dow Chemical. Stations include lockers for safe-keeping and convenience. Fans can reference on-course maps for exact locations of the stations.
- Miller Lite Public Pavilion: The Miller Lite Public Pavilion is a tented public spectator bleacher overlooking the par-3, 11th hole. Fans can enjoy covered seating and televisions adjacent to a concession stand and on-course KitchenAid display.
- Community Showcase Tent: Returning to the Championship, the Community Showcase Tent is located at the main entrance. Local volunteers will staff the tent each day, greeting fans and welcoming out-of-town guests with insider recommendations about places to see and things to do in Southwest Michigan.
- Merchandise Shop: The Merchandise Shop has been constructed within the Community Showcase Tent. Fans can shop for the latest championship merchandise, golf apparel and memorabilia throughout the week.
- Food Trucks: Food trucks will be on-site each day in Jean Klock Park offering a variety of mouth-watering dishes such as barbeque, tacos, and sweet treats. Fans are invited to stop by and support the community’s local businesses as well as receive complimentary prizes during Championship week.
- Avenue of Flags: The first thing fans will see from the main entrance to the clubhouse is the Avenue of Flags. Nearly 60 flags will line the walking path, each one dedicated to a military member. Proceeds from each flag donation will support Lest We Forget, a non-profit military organization in Benton Harbor.
- Field of Flags: Between holes 7, 8 and 9 in Jean Klock Park, spectators can view the Field of Flags, showcasing more than 200 flags donated by the community to remember those who gave their lives for our country. Flags will be sponsored and dedicated to fallen military members with all proceeds going to Lest We Forget this Memorial Day weekend.
Additional information on all of these features and more can be found in the 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship Spectator Guide.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Wednesday, May 23 Practice Rounds
Thursday, May 24 – Sunday, May 27 Championship Rounds
Thursday, May 24-Friday, May 25 6:45 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday, May 26-Sunday, May 27 7:15 a.m.-8 p.m.
For more information about the 79th KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, or to purchase tickets, visit SrPGA.com or call 1-800-PGA-GOLF (800-742-4653).
Elizabeth Epstein, KemperLesnik: email@example.com or 847.601.4920