Lineup of Lessons and Golf Schools Complement Best Courses on Hilton Head Island
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (May 10, 2018) – Top-ranked teachers, a comprehensive instruction program, a Tour-quality performance facility, and three award-winning courses make the lineup of golf schools at The Sea Pines Resort the ultimate game-improvement experience throughout the summer and fall 2018.
The instructors at The Golf Learning Center at The Sea Pines Resort – led by Director of Instruction Tim Cooke and Dana Rader, both ranked as Top 100 Golf Teachers by GOLF magazine – focus on each golfer’s individual needs, whether instructing adults or juniors. Schedules and dates are customized to best accommodate each student.
Programs at The Golf Learning Center at The Sea Pines Resort concentrate on improving the full swing and short game, as well as golf-functional fitness, course management, emotional performance, and club fitting. The 4-to-1 maximum student-teacher ratio assures personal attention. Each student also receives personalized practice routines for continued improvement, as well as custom video analysis with voiceover and graphics.
Also available is The Club Fitting Program at The Golf Learning Center, which uses the latest technology to customize golf clubs that provide each student with an important aspect of overall game improvement.
When visiting The Golf Learning Center at The Sea Pines Resort, golfers can enjoy lodging at The Inn & Club at Harbour Town or stay in a private home or villa. Many of the golf instruction programs at The Sea Pines Resort afford free time off the golf course so guests can experience the resort’s many other activities.
Students have access to the resort’s three captivating golf courses – Harbour Town Golf Links, Atlantic Dunes, and Heron Point – ranked by Golfweek magazine as the three best golf courses on Hilton Head Island.
Among the most popular instructional programs:
- The Sea Pines Two-Day Golf School focuses on the full swing and the short game, with individual analysis on the lesson tee and golf course. Each day includes five hours of instruction; on the lesson tee from 9 a.m. to noon, then on the golf course from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Includes lunch daily between sessions.
- The Sea Pines Three-Day Golf School begins with two days of in-depth full-swing and short-game analysis on the lesson tee from 9 a.m. to noon, and on the course from 1:30-3:30 p.m. The third day is customized to students’ game-improvement needs. Includes lunch daily between sessions.
- The Full-Swing School improves consistency by addressing swing fundamentals using detailed video analysis (3 hours)
- The Short Game School stresses the fundamentals for improved chipping, pitching, sand play, and putting, utilizing The Sea Pines "Ultimate Putting System" designed through years of research (3 hours)
- The Tim Cooke Signature One-Day School features a complete skills and fitness analysis and teaching techniques that have helped numerous tour players.
- The Dana Rader Two-Day School is designed for fast improvement and fun, combining a small group setting and one-on-one instruction.
- Junior Fundamentals Summer Camp is for beginners and intermediate golfers, ages 6-12. The three-day school covers the FUNdamentals of the game: full swing and short game techniques, rules, etiquette, and athletic skills. Sessions are 9 a.m. to noon. Camps begin June 12-14, with the final session Aug. 14-16.
- The PGA Junior Competitive Edge Camp is June 24-28 at the Plantation Golf Club at Heron Point. The program’s mission is to assist the long-term development and enjoyment of the game. While attending camp, campers will stay at the Hilton Head Island Villas.
The Golf Learning Center at The Sea Pines Resort also offers private individual instruction, daily clinics, mental game performance coaching, a parent-child program, golf fitness assessments and year-round junior golf performance coaching.
Situated on the southernmost tip of Hilton Head Island, The Sea Pines Resort features five miles of unspoiled beaches, 21 clay tennis courts, 14 miles of bike and walking trails, horseback riding, Eco-Adventures, water sports, and the 605-acre Sea Pines Forest Preserve, which is rich in wildflowers, wetlands, and more than 130 species of birds. As the first Eco-planned destination in the United States, The Sea Pines Resort has become the blueprint for numerous beach developments around the country.
For more information about programs The Golf Learning Center at The Sea Pines Resort, call (843) 842-1487 and visit www.seapines.com/golf/instruction.
For resort information and reservations, visit www.seapines.com and call (866) 561-8802.
# # #
Hunter Public Relations