Local residents play a major role in hosting the game’s greatest players at Harbor Shores
BENTON HARBOR, MICH. (Oct. 19, 2017) – The PGA of America today announced that a limited number of volunteer positions remain for the 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, which will be hosted at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Michigan, May 22-27. The 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship marks the fourth time that the most prestigious event in senior golf is contested at Harbor Shores and will once again bring worldwide attention to Southwest Michigan. This Championship offers volunteers a chance to play a role in staging this historic Championship and get an up-close view of the game’s greatest players in action.
“We are grateful for the overwhelming support that we have already received from our volunteers for this year’s Championship,” said Championship Director Ryan Ogle. “The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship would not be as successful without these individuals and we thank them for their time and commitment. We welcome all residents, sports fans and visitors to join our dedicated team of volunteers to stage one of the greatest Championships in senior golf.”
All volunteer positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and less than 200 spots remain. Volunteers, ages 22 and older, will be scheduled for 4 shifts, totaling 16 hours. Committees still available to join include: Marshals, Leader Boards and Thru Boards. The uniform fee to volunteers is $130. The 2018 Volunteer Package is valued at more than $400 and includes:
- Ralph Lauren volunteer uniform (golf shirt, outerwear item and hat)
- Personalized volunteer credential, which provides access to the grounds for all six days of the Championship
- One (1) round of golf (cart rental not included) at Harbor Shores if all assigned shifts are completed. On redemption, a $25 cart fee will be collected by the club. The round is transferable as a gift, not for sale, and expires November 1, 2018. Some date restrictions apply.
- Four (4) Any Day Flex Tickets to give to your family and friends
- Food and water vouchers to use at any on-course concession stand
- A copy of the official 2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championships program
- Complimentary parking
- A one-time discount at The Championship Shop
Junior volunteers, available for ages 14-21, are open. Juniors will be scheduled to volunteer for 2 to 3 shifts, totaling 8 to 12 hours. There is no fee for junior volunteers to participate and they will receive the full volunteer package, excluding the outerwear item. Committees available to junior volunteers include: Leader Boards and Thru Boards, and Standard Bearers.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, visit the Championship website, www.srpga.com, or contact Volunteer Operations Manager Danae Donatello by email at email@example.com or (269) 487-3200.
The Championship will also kick-off its 2018 ticket offerings with the Championship’s best holiday ticket packages, beginning on Nov. 13. The Championship has partnered with the Southwest Michigan Tourist Council’s Makers Trail to showcase Southwest Michigan’s beer, wine and spirits in the Maker’s Trail 19th Hole experience. Purchasers will receive savings for advance ticket purchases with the following packages:
- Ultimate Golf Package for One (1), which includes one flex grounds ticket and one round of golf at Harbor Shores for $100 ($50 savings)
- Ultimate Golf Package for Four (4), which includes four flex ground tickets and four rounds of golf at Harbor Shores for $350 ($245 savings)
- Flex Four (4) Pack, which includes four flex ground day tickets for $50 ($25 savings).
- Weekly Makers Trail 19th Hole Access, which is one ticket per day (Tuesday-Sunday) to the Makers Trail 19th Hole – an upgraded viewing area next to the 16th green and 17th tee with a private cash bar serving local beer, wine and spirits. Each ticket holder will receive two drink tickets per day. This is priced at $200 ($75 savings!)
For more information about the 79th KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, or to purchase tickets, visit SrPGA.com or call 1-800-PGA-GOLF (800-742-4653).