Kansas City, Mo. (June 22, 2017) – An exciting, new 52,000 square-foot golf and entertainment complex is coming to Kansas City’s Northland as part of the Metro North Crossing Redevelopment – a retail entertainment center that will also house a cinema-restaurant-entertainment themed theatre, hotel, multi-family residential, theme branded stores and experiential high-tech shopping. The golf and entertainment complex is expected to open in the summer of 2018. Troon®, the leader in golf course management, development, and marketing has been selected to manage the soon-to-be-named golf and entertainment venue.
The golf and entertainment complex will feature 64 climate-controlled, technology-enhanced hitting bays and suites on three levels. Designed for all ages and skill levels, the new venue will differ from other golf entertainment complexes in a variety of ways, including:
- Guests can “play” several of the most famous golf courses from their hitting bay as their golf shots will be projected to high-definition televisions in their bay.
- Guests will also have the option of playing unique golf games and competitive target golf games from the comfort of their hitting bay.
- Experienced golfers will enjoy advanced golf ball tracking technology (the same golf professionals use) and get real-time data on every swing, including club-head speed, spin-rate and distance.
- Before and after playing golf, guests can experience a state-of-the-art 8,000 square-foot sports bar with interactive TVs, a member’s grill or the roof top view lounge.
- Through the Troon Rewards Program, guests can earn invitations to exclusive events and other promotions.
In addition to golf-themed entertainment and a huge sports bar, the new complex will also feature outdoor entertainment venues, a robust bar with premium wine, craft beers, small plates and dedicated event spaces.
“The new golf and entertainment complex is a great addition to Metro North Crossing Redevelopment and will be one of the outstanding entertainment venues to come to the Kansas City Northland in recent years,” said David Horn, the project manager for Metro North Crossing Redevelopment. “This will provide an entertaining atmosphere to compliment the redevelopment’s retail, other entertainment and luxury apartments. With live entertainment, incredible food and beverage, and outstanding service, it will attract more than just golfers.”
The Metro North Crossing Redevelopment is located on the northeast corner of U.S. 169 and NW Barry Road on the site of the recently demolished Metro North Mall.
For additional information on the Metro North Crossing Redevelopment, contact David Horn at (816) 454-1200.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company, with more than 270 golf courses in its portfolio. Troon also specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 150 restaurants located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities around the world. The company oversees operations at Troon Golf, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon) and Troon International properties located in 36 states and 31 countries. Additionally, there are 57 Troon affiliated properties featuring 79 courses that have been recipients of a “Top 100” ranking by national and international publications. Troon properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club, Kauai, Hawaii; Centurion Club, London, England; Indian Wells Golf Resort, Indian Wells, Calif.; Els Club Desaru Coast, Malaysia; and Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Calif. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.
# # #