Winners all noted for great courses in beautiful settings along with exceptional service
DALLAS, Texas (April 17, 2017) – Three “bucket list” golf resort destinations from the Omni Hotels & Resorts golf collection are winners in their geographic regions among the “2017 Best Golf Resorts in the Americas” by Golf Digest magazine, as part of its annual Editors’ Choice Awards.
Winners, which appear in the May issue of the magazine, include:
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas (“Best Golf Resorts In The Southwest”)
- The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Virginia (“Best Golf Resorts In The Mid-Atlantic”)
- Omni Mt. Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire (“Best Golf Resorts In The Northeast/New England”)
“We appreciate the editors of Golf Digest magazine recognizing the excellence of Omni’s most outstanding golf destinations,” said Jon Hunter, vice president of operations for Omni Hotels & Resorts. “Each of the three Omni winners is special in its own right and they all merit being regarded among the elite resorts selected throughout the country.”
Golf Digest editors recognize resorts throughout the United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Bermuda, and Canada for the Editors Choice Awards. These resorts routinely offer multiple courses, often with layouts that are fun to play and feature impressive scenery.
Resorts earn high marks for having hot-ticket rental clubs available and golf shop merchandise that goes beyond the obligatory logoed shirt. Well-appointed accommodations and attentive service are high on the list, as are unexpected extras such as live music at breakfast, a fruit basket at the turn, and being handed a steaming scented towel coming off the 18th green.
- The Omni Homestead’s golf tradition dates back more than 100 years. The Cascades Course, designed by William S. Flynn in 1923, has a legacy that includes eight USGA championship events and numerous PGA Tour and PGA Tour Champions events. The Old Course, originally built in 1892 as a six-hole course, is a Donald Ross design. Both historic courses make the most of their breathtaking mountain setting, particularly spectacular waterfalls and rushing stream of Cascades Gorge.
- Omni Mt. Washington’s spectacular grounds are home to the iconic Mount Washington Course, built by Donald Ross in 1915. The course combines shot-making challenges with panoramic views and tight target shots characteristic of a mountain course. The resort’s nine-hole Mount Pleasant Course, which first opened in 1895, has challenged golf enthusiasts for generations.
- Omni Barton Creek is home to four 18-hole championship golf courses that appeal to a wide variety of skill levels. The original Fazio Canyons course is ranked among the best in Texas; the Crenshaw Cliffside course offers a traditional-style layout with large varying greens; the Palmer Lakeside course is located nearby at Lake Travis; and the Fazio Foothills course features cliff-lined fairways along waterfalls and limestone caves.
Located in some of the country’s most beautiful destinations, Omni Golf’s collection of 12 golf resorts feature a total of 25 golf courses coast-to-coast designed by award-winning golf architects, some of whom are also legendary champions of the game. Each golf resort is complete with luxurious accommodations and superior service, on and off the course.
Omni golf destinations offer challenges for golfers at all levels of play, so pros, amateurs, and their families alike can find courses to enjoy, creating distinct golf vacations in prime locations on legendary fairways and greens.
# # #
ABOUT OMNI RESORTS & HOTELS
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. With over 20 world-class golf courses and award-winning spa retreats, to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants and unique wellness options. Known for its distinguished, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company’s “Power of One” associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations and travel publications and was ranked “Highest in Upper-Upscale Segment Guest Satisfaction” in the J.D. Power 2016 North American Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. As a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), Omni’s loyalty program is further expanded through the DISCOVERY® loyalty program offering members additional global benefits. Committed to reducing hunger, Omni is on a mission through its Say Goodnight to Hunger initiative to help provide more than 18.2 million meals each year for food banks to feed children, families and seniors in communities in which it operates. To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.