Top international golf talent represents management company in Team Troon Challenge
Scottsdale, Ariz. (November 10, 2020) – Troon®, the leader in club management, development, and marketing, announced the renewal and anniversary of Team Troon – a collection of top international golf talent representing the Troon brand throughout professional golf – with a Team Troon Million Dollar Hole-in-One/Closest-to-the-Pin Challenge. The Team Troon Challenge was held on the 16th hole of Rio Secco Golf Club, a Troon-affiliated property in Las Vegas, Nev., and took place the week of the PGA TOUR’s CJ Cup. The Team Troon Challenge is currently airing across Fox Sports regional networks on the Breaking Par television show.
Team Troon members Justin Thomas, Gary Woodland, Matt Kuchar, Matt Fitzpatrick, Alex Noren and Cheyenne Woods took part in the Challenge which involved each golfer taking a boat to a floating tee box in the middle of the lake on the par-3 16th hole and hitting four, 145-yard shots. Each golfer’s first shot was part of the Million Dollar Challenge, with $1 million split between a local Las Vegas charity and a national charity if a golfer made an ace. Meanwhile all four shots counted in the Closest-to-the-Pin Challenge. Prior to the Challenge each golfer chose benefitting charities, with Troon donating $1 million for a hole-in-one or $10,000 for the closest-to-the-pin to a charity or charities in the winner’s name. No aces were made, however Justin Thomas won the Team Troon Closest-to-the-Pin Challenge with a shot of 4 feet, 3 inches. Troon is donating $10,000 to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, a Boulder City, Nev. based charity, in Thomas’ name. In addition, Troon is donating $1,000 to each golfers selected national charity including: the Bill Dickey Scholarship Association (Cheyenne Woods); Camp Twin Lakes (Matt Kuchar); Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity (Matt Fitzpatrick); Mia’s Miracle, Villegas Foundation (Alex Noren); Folds of Honor (Gary Woodland); and the Justin Thomas Foundation (Justin Thomas).
The six professional golfers – Thomas, Woodland, Kuchar, Fitzpatrick, Noren and Woods – are joined on Team Troon by PGA TOUR Champions and World Golf Hall of Fame member Colin Montgomerie. All carry full Troon-branded golf bags with #PlayTroon and #ExperienceTroon embroidered on the pockets. All Team Troon members also collaborate on select digital and social campaigns in cooperation with Troon and Troon-managed facilities.
“Since launching Team Troon in February 2019, it’s been exciting to see the golfers compete at the highest level, while at the same time being incredible ambassadors for Troon,” said Tim Schantz, president and CEO, Troon. “We can’t thank Cheyenne, Justin, Gary, Matt, Matthew and Alex enough for taking time out of their busy schedules to be part of the Team Troon Challenge. While being fun, different and entertaining, we were also able to donate thousands of dollars to worthy charities through the Challenge.”
Team Troon members at a glance:
- Justin Thomas – The 13-time PGA TOUR winner is currently ranked No. 3 on the Official World Golf Ranking. A University of Alabama alum, Thomas is coming off a stellar 2019-2020 PGA TOUR season which included three victories, including the CJ Cup at Nine Bridges, the Sentry Tournament of Champions at Kapalua, and the World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational.
- Matthew Fitzpatrick – The 26-year-old from Sheffield, England has five international victories, including a repeat win at the Omega European Masters in 2017 and 2018. Fitzpatrick’s 2020 PGA TOUR season included five Top 10 finishes in 15 events played. He is currently ranked No. 19 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Matt Kuchar – Kuchar is a 9-time winner on the PGA TOUR, including the 2019 Sony Open in Hawaii and the 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic. Kuchar has been a member of four Ryder Cup teams and five Presidents Cup teams. Kuchar is currently ranked No. 28 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Gary Woodland – A native of Topeka, Kansas, Woodland is a four-time winner on the PGA TOUR, including the 2019 U.S. Open and the 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open. He was member of the 2019 U.S. Presidents Cup team and is currently ranked No. 31 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Alex Noren – The 38-year-old from Stockholm, Sweden has 11 international victories, including the 2018 HNA Open de France and the 2017 BMW PGA Championship. Noren joined the PGA TOUR on a fulltime basis in 2018 and is currently ranked No. 90 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Cheyenne Woods – A native of Phoenix, Ariz., Woods competes on the LPGA Tour and the Ladies European Tour, where she won the 2014 Australian Ladies Masters. She is currently ranked No. 161 on The Race to the CME Globe, a season-long points competition.
- Colin Montgomerie - PGA TOUR Champions golfer and World Golf Hall of Fame member Colin Montgomerie has won 57 golf events worldwide through his illustrious career. He currently sits 16th on the 2020 Charles Schwab Cup Money List.
Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at more than 435 locations around the globe, including 470 18-hole equivalent golf courses. Throughout its 30-year history, Troon has earned a reputation for delivering pristine golf course conditions, personalized member services, outstanding food & beverage experiences and world-class retail offerings.
In addition to its headquarters in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon has offices in Newton, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Irvine, Calif.; Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.; Jacksonville, Fla; Birmingham, Ala.; Seattle, Wash.; New Braunfels, Texas; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Troon-managed or affiliated facilities host 18 professional golf events across 9 professional tours around the world. Including high-level amateur events and qualifying tournaments, Troon-managed facilities host more than 30 elite events.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 440-plus locations around the globe, including managing 470-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 490-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 40-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Green Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. There are currently 67 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 87 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings. Troon-affiliated properties include Quintero Golf Club in Peoria, Ariz.; Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, Fla; Belfair in Bluffton, South Carolina; Bahia Beach Resort & Golf Club in Puerto Rico; and Costa Navarino in Greece. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.