Members of the Professional Golf Teachers Association of America can enhance their mental-game coaching skills or therapy practice to become certified in mental golf coaching
The Professional Golf Teachers Association of America and Peak Performance Sports now offer all PGTAA members the opportunity to become a Certified Mental Golf Coach
With an ongoing pandemic, excess available time, and a growing demand for golf instructors offering golf lessons
Become a Certified Golf Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) by Peak Performance Sports
Enhance Your Mental Game Coaching Skills or Therapy Practice
Mental Game Coaching Professional Certification offers powerful strategies to give athletes a cutting edge—each and every time they perform! Certification is designed for:
- Psychologists and therapists who want to work more effectively with athletes and teach mental skills to enhance performance.
- Coaches who want to uncover mental game obstacles, develop strategies to overcome them and to instill confidence, focus, and composure in the athletes they coach.
- Athletic trainers who want to utilize mental coaching with their athletes to help their athletes triumph over mental obstacles that often result from sports-related injuries or other health-related challenges.
- Mental game coaches or sport psychologists in training who want to supplement their studies with proven mental game strategies and an effective mental training system.
- Life coaches who want to help athletes improve their mental game with a proven system.
As a Certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP), you’ll learn to master the methods you need to help athletes build confidence, improve focus, galvanize team cohesion, enhance communication skills, boost productivity, and maximize performance.
This comprehensive and in-depth MGCP program is offered in two formats:
- One-on-One Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) certification (in person or via the phone)
- Group video conference Mental Game Coaching Professional certification (via video conference technology)
How the Program Works…
To become a Certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) takes approximately 10 weeks (12 weeks for a summer program), meeting once a week for two hours by web video conferencing. In addition to the weekly learning sessions, there will be approximately 30-40 hours of homework assignments during the course, which will include athlete mental game assessments, and application of mental game skills based upon actual situations where athlete performance is stunted by mental obstacles.
Throughout this 10-week program, you will assist athletes, receive 18 case studies, get hands-on experience in dealing with real-life challenges (work with a local athlete), and receive written materials to ensure that you have the tools necessary to be a powerfully effective mental game coach.
By the end of the program (provided you have completed all requirements for graduation, including passing the certification exam), you will receive a certification from Peak Performance Sports, LLC as a certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) and will be able to use the MGCP title and insignia and earn a listing on MentalGameCoachingPro.com as a certified MGCP.
Requirements to Participate…
- 5 years or more of experience as a competitive athlete, a coach, or trainer in your sport of expertise; or a MS in psychology or counseling psychology, or an NLP certification.
- Understanding of the psychological demands of your sport.
- Ability to apply what you learn to real-life sport scenarios.
- Access to a team or individual athletes you can mentally train.
- A desire to learn about mental game coaching and sports psychology.
- Strong communication skills.
PGTAA members who meet the aforementioned requirements will receive special PGTAA pricing.
For additional details please contact Dr. Cohn at 1-888-742-7225 for more information or visit https://www.mentalgamecoachingpro.com/