Awards presented at end of company's 2020 Leadership Conference
NORTHBROOK, Illinois, March 12, 2020 – KemperSports concluded its 2020 Leadership Conference by honoring high achieving employees and facilities across the country. Honorees recognized at this year’s awards dinner include:
- Facility of the Year: Streamsong Resort (Streamsong, Florida)
- James R. Seeley General Manager of the Year: Tim Ward – Heron Glen Golf Course (Ringoes, New Jersey)
- Mady Lesnik Home Office Staffer of the Year: Kylen Trevor, Regional Sales & Marketing Director
- Emil Esposito Golf Professional of the Year: Joe Reilly – Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, California)
- Retailer of the Year: Chambers Bay (University Place, Washington)
- Salesperson of the Year: Ashley Romanelli, director of food & beverage – The Village Club of Sands Point (Sands Point, New York)
- Superintendent of the Year: Dustin Powell – Bay Point Golf Club (Panama City Beach, Florida)
- Hospitality Professional of the Year: Jonathan Joosten, food & beverage manager / events director – Forest Creek Golf Club (Round Rock, Texas)
- James S. Kemper Staffer of the Year: Ivan Martinez, controller – Union County properties and Skyway Golf Course at Lincoln Park West (New Jersey)
“Our team is what makes this company successful,” said Steve Skinner, CEO of KemperSports. “We are proud of our honorees and we congratulate them for their successes.”
The KemperSports Leadership Conference brings together company leaders from across the country for three days of learning and celebrating one another’s achievements. This year’s conference, which took place in downtown Chicago, was headlined by two keynote speakers: Suzy Whaley, president of the PGA of America and Ashley Mayo, head of brand at 8AM Golf and editorial director at GOLF Magazine/GOLF.com.
Northbrook, Ill.-based KemperSports builds, owns, leases and manages golf courses, resorts, athletic clubs and lodging venues across the U.S. and Caribbean. The company manages an award-winning portfolio including nationally-ranked courses, private clubs, municipal courses and tournament venues such as Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, named the No. 1 Golf Resort in North America by Golf Digest and GOLF magazine; Streamsong Resort; The Glen Club; Desert Willow Golf Resort;Chambers Bay, host of the 2015 U.S. Open. For more information about KemperSports, please visit https://www.kempersports.com/.