Magazine's annual rankings recognize select clubs based on member experience
Scottsdale, Ariz. (January 21, 2020) – 10 Troon Privé-managed private clubs have been awarded the prestigious “Distinguished Club” distinction by BoardRoom magazine, the official publication of the Association of Private Club Directors. Troon Privé is the private club operating division of Troon®, the world’s largest golf management company.
Troon Privé-managed clubs honored by BoardRoom magazine, include:
- BallenIsles Country Club – Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Belfair – Bluffton, South Carolina
- Columbus Country Club – Columbus, Ohio
- Entrada at Snow Canyon – St. George, Utah
- The Fountaingrove Club – Santa Rosa, California
- Manchester Country Club – Bedford, New Hampshire
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club – Brewster, Massachusetts
- Silver Creek Valley Country Club – San Jose, California
- The Clubs at St. James Plantation – Southport, North Carolina
- West Bay Club – Estero, Florida
Each year, BoardRoom magazine recognizes a select number of “Distinguished Clubs” based on a proprietary criteria and evaluation process that distills and measures a club’s Member Experience. BoardRoom magazine’s entirely merit-based Distinguished Clubs award program uses a club-specific rating system that recognizes the club, its management, and its staff.
“It’s an honor to have 10 Troon Privé clubs named ‘Distinguished Clubs’ by BoardRoom as this designation is a reflection of the member experience,” said Rob DeMore, president, Troon Privé Division. “Congratulations to the clubs and our hard working Troon Privé associates for their passion and dedication to their jobs.”
The Distinguished Clubs award program is a stepped process that can be summarized as follows:
1. Committee Nomination: In order for a club to participate in the Distinguished Clubs award program, it must first be officially nominated by the Distinguished Clubs Nomination Committee, a diverse group comprised of some of the most highly regarded leaders in the private club industry.
2. Site Visit: An in-person site visit is conducted to evaluate and compile the many contributing facets of each “Quality Criteria” that collectively comprise a club’s overall Member Experience.
3. Formulaic Audit: Based on the compiled site-visit data, Distinguished Clubs personnel applies the proprietary formula to distill and quantify the club’s unique Member Experience quotient.
4. Report: A confidential Evaluation Report is issued to the club’s general manager.
5. Award & Recognition: If the Distinguished Clubs’ formulaic audit verifies that the club is delivering Member Experience at the highest level, Distinguished Club status is awarded, along with individual department leadership recognition.
6. Yearly Verification: Alternating year-to-year onsite survey visits and telephone-based interviews with club management are required to maintain Distinguished Club status.
“We’d like to congratulate all of the Troon Privé managed clubs on earning ‘Distinguished Club’ status,” said John Fornaro, Publisher of BoardRoom magazine, “Special recognition also goes out to each club’s board of directors, its department heads, and their staffs for their efforts in providing an excellent member experience.”
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 470-plus locations around the globe, including managing 500-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 400 food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45 states and 33 countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Green Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. There are currently 67 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 87 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings. Troon-affiliated properties include The Club at Hammock Beach in Palm Coast, Florida; Pronghorn in Bend, Oregon; Mauna Lani on the Kohala Coast, Hawai‘i; Bahia Beach Resort & Golf Club in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico; and Brookwater Golf & Country Club in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.