5 courses on Hawaiian island win widespread industry recognition
Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i (December 18, 2019) – 2019 has been an award-winning year for the five Go Golf Kaua‘i golf courses as numerous golf, travel and industry media outlets have honored the Garden Isle courses as some of the best in the world. Local, national and worldwide media outlets have recognized The Ocean Course at Hokuala, Princeville Makai Golf Club, Poipu Bay Golf Club, Puakea Golf Course and Wailua Golf Course in their 2019 rankings, awards and accolades.
Go Golf Kaua‘i courses receiving 2019 awards and accolades include:
Golf Advisor - Top 20 Best Courses in Hawaii
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – No. 2
- Poipu Bay Golf Club – No. 7
- Puakea Golf Course – No. 13
- Ocean Course at Hokuala – No. 17
- Wailua Golf Course – No. 19
GOLF Magazine - Top 100 Resorts (2019) - Top 25 General Excellence
- Princeville Resort / Princeville Makai Golf Club - Kauai, Hawaii
Golf Digest - America's 100 Greatest Public Courses (2019-2020)
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – No. 65
- Poipu Bay Golf Club – No. 95
Golfweek - Best Courses You Can Play in Hawaii
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – No. 4
- Poipu Bay Golf Club – No. 6
- Ocean Course at Hokuala – No. 11
- Wailua Golf Course – No. 14
Golfweek - Top 200 Resort Courses
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – No. 58
- Poipu Bay Golf Club – No. 92
- Ocean Course at Hokuala – No. 154
World Golf Awards - Hawaii’s Best Golf Course 2019
- Ocean Course at Hokuala
The Garden Island newspaper - Best Golf Course 2019
- Puakea Golf Course
Golf Inc. - Best New Amenities 2019
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – Sunset Golf Cart Tour
"It was exciting to see our Go Golf Kaua'i golf courses recognized by the golf and travel media in 2019," said Sue Kanoho, Executive Director of the Kaua'i Visitors Bureau. "Kaua'i is approximately 26 miles in diameter and encompasses just 554 square miles. To have this many golf courses and resorts honored on one island makes Kaua'i one of the top golf destinations in the United States."
Nicknamed the Garden Isle for its lush tropical foliage, waterfalls and ever-present Pacific Ocean scenery, Kaua‘i is perennially recognized for its beaches, award-winning golf courses, ideal playing weather and stunning natural beauty. For more information on Kaua‘i golf, visit www.gogolfkauai.com.
About The Go Golf Kaua‘i Courses
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala – The Ocean Course at Hokuala is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course that boasts the longest stretch of oceanfront holes in all of Hawaii. The picture-perfect course winds its way through papaya and guava groves to dramatic seaside cliffs. A 2016 renovation added sparkling white sand to all the bunkers, framing holes to be even more spectacular than before. Rated Hawaii’s Best Golf Course, 2018 and 2019 World Golf Awards, golfers can also surf the earth on Hokuala’s Golf Boards during their round.
- Poipu Bay Golf Course – Poipu Bay Golf Course was designed by renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Jr and is set between lush mountains and rugged ocean bluffs. The course incorporates more than 30 acres of colorfully landscaped tropical plants and flowers, making it one of Hawaii’s most beautiful courses. Poipu Bay hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 to 2006.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – Princeville Makai Golf Club opened in 1971 as the first solo effort of Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The course was completely renovated in 2009, introducing spectacular new Seashore Paspalum turf grass on all fairways and greens. Princeville Makai features surreal vistas of Bali Hai and Hanalei Bay, including the signature par-3, 7th hole that offers a 213-yard shot over scenic cliffs.
- Puakea Golf Course – Designed by architect Robin Nelson, Puakea is a spectacular layout built along massive ravines and lush tropical undulating terrain, with the backdrop being used for the Jurassic Park series. Named one of the top courses in Hawaii by Sports Illustrated, Golf Advisor and Golfweek, the dramatic 18-hole golf course is also known for its high-quality, "Kauai-style" customer service. Puakea was rated “Best of Kauai” by Garden Island Newspaper from 2013 – 2019.
- Wailua Golf Course – Wailua Golf Course offers classic, golden-era seaside golf holes just a few steps from the Pacific Ocean. First built as a 9-hole course in the 1930’s, and expanded to 18 holes in 1961, Wailua has hosted three USGA Amateur and three US Public Links Championships. This wonderful municipal layout was designed by Toyo Shirai and features stunning mountain views along the Coconut Coast.