Biennial list to be published in magazine's December issue
(Englewood, Colo.) – GOLFTEC – the world leader in golf lessons and premium club fittings – congratulates Vice President of Instruction Nick Clearwater on being named to Golf Digest’s list of the Top 50 Instructors in America, as published in the magazine’s December issue.
Coming in at No.33, this is Clearwater’s first appearance on the prestigious, biennial list which recognizes the teachers and coaches making the greatest impact in the world of golf instruction. Based at GOLFTEC HQ in Denver, Clearwater is a veteran of PGA TOUR coaching as well as a credentialed instructor for 12 consecutive years. His biggest responsibility as VP of Instruction is to oversee the training and lesson quality for GOLFTEC’s 700-plus Coaches—a group that will give over 1.1 million golf lessons in 2019.
Recently Clearwater has established himself as a leading voice in the industry through regular appearances on Golf Channel, bylined or feature articles in Golf Digest and through the company’s popular in-house instructional and club fitting content. Regardless of the vehicle, Clearwater utilizes GOLFTEC’ s data driven and fact-based approach to provide players of all skill levels extremely insightful advice to help them play better and have more fun.
In addition to the success of Clearwater, 35 GOLFTEC coaches were named to Golf Digest’s “Best in State” lists. All GOLFTEC coaches undergo an extensive training and certification process, and lessons utilize GOLFTEC’s proprietary teaching technology. Developing a comprehensive improvement plan for each student is the foundation of GOLFTEC’s philosophy.
Those coaches honored are listed below:
· Jerome Andrews, GOLFTEC El Segundo
· Nick Clearwater, GOLFTEC Headquarters*
· Patrick Nuber, GOLFTEC Headquarters
· Zach Lambeck, GOLFTEC Headquarters
· Brad Skupaka, GOLFTEC Headquarters
· Ty Walker, GOLFTEC Denver Tech Center
· Nathan Morris, GOLFTEC Westminster
· Chad Miller, GOLFTEC Chapel Hills
· Jerred McKinney, GOLTEC Centennial
· Vincent Downie, GOLFTEC Park Meadows
· John Vitale, GOLFTEC West Hartford
· Steve Lippincott, GOLFTEC Westshore
· T.J. Sullivan, GOLFTEC Oak Brook
· Ryan Schrecongost, GOLFTEC Carmel
· Brett Beard, GOLFTEC Overland Park
· Ryan McGwyer, GOLFTEC Baton Rouge
· Kevin Tanner, GOLFTEC North Bethesda
· Ian Hughes, GOLFTEC Grand Rapids
· Oliver Darby, GOLFTEC Bunker Hills
· Nick Pelle, GOLFTEC Minnetonka,
· James Kinney, GOLFTEC Omaha
· Tim Sam, GOLFTEC Henderson
· Brian Gussis, GOLFTEC Woodbridge
· Dan Benzenberg, GOLFTEC Carle Place
· Nick Paez, GOLFTEC Cleveland West
· Joe Stago, GOLFTEC Dublin
· Ryan Galloway, GOLFTEC Rhode Island*
· Erik Wait, GOLFTEC Plano
· Doug Strawbridge, GOLFTEC Upper Kirby
· Christopher Runyan, GOLFTEC Spokane
· Josh McKinley, GOLFTEC Spokane
· Kevin Kihslinger, GOLFTEC Mequon*
· Tim Boegh, GOLFTEC Madison
· Todd Gamroth, GOLFTEC Wauwatosa
· Brendan Locke, GOLFTEC Mequon
*Named #1 Teacher in their state
“Over the years Nick has made our entire team incredibly proud by continuing to push the limits of what GOLFTEC’s approach to instruction can do for golfers of all skill levels,” says Joe Assell, co-founder and CEO of GOLFTEC. “We look forward to many more years of Nick passing down his experience to every GOLFTEC Coach so that our students get the most out of every GOLFTEC lesson.”
“GOLFTEC’s teaching system can be as complex as the most sophisticated and studied golfer would want, or, as simple as any golfer needs it to be,” says Clearwater. “The best and the smartest Coaches know how to make the complexity of golf swing performance easy to understand and executable for any skill level. I’m proud to play a role in helping GOLFTEC Coaches practice that skill every day so that we can help golfers repeatedly and predictably improve.”
In addition to instruction, GOLFTEC is also a leader in premium club fitting. The company’s club fitting program powered by TECFIT® is a tour-like fitting experience combining swing characteristics with ball flight data to help identify optimal golf equipment for each student. An array of clubhead/shaft options are available to perfectly match players of any skill level with the clubs that best meet their needs. According to data GOLFTEC collected in 2018, 75% of golfers who experienced a GOLFTEC driver fitting gained an average of 25 yards over their previous equipment.
To learn more about GOLFTEC, please visit www.golftec.com or call 877-446-5383.
Since 1995, GOLFTEC has become the world’s largest provider of golf lessons and premium club fittings, operating more than 200 corporately-owned and franchised Training Centers in all major U.S. cities, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. A top employer of PGA Professionals, the company’s 700-plus coaches have taught more than eight million lessons with students dropping an average of seven strokes from their scorecards. Its highly-trained coaches leverage leading-edge technology for a completely fact-based approach to instruction, practice and club fitting. GOLFTEC’s leadership position in golf improvement is augmented by its SwingTRU Motion Study™ – the largest ever conducted on golf swing mechanics.