Hawaiian island promotes its weather and seasonal specials
Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i (October 15, 2019) – As summer moves to fall across the northern hemisphere, it's prime time to Go Golf Kauai and play the island’s spectacular collection of golf courses. The travel experts at U.S. News & World Report recently named the months of September, October and November as the “best time to visit Kauai,” citing discounted airfares, lower hotel rates and the Garden Isle’s pleasant weather.
“Kaua‘i is beautiful anytime of the year, but fall tends to be a little less crowded,” said Sue Kanoho, Executive Director of the Kaua‘i Visitors Bureau. “As temperatures fall across the contiguous 48 and golfers think about putting their clubs away for the winter, Kaua‘i is an ideal golf destination.”
Throughout the fall, golfers can expect highs in the mid- to low 80s and the lows in the mid-70s across Kaua‘i. All five Go Golf Kaua‘i courses exemplify the stunning views and exceptional golf found on the island. Golf rates vary at each Go Golf Kaua‘i course with a number of packages and unique specials available throughout the fall, including:
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala has partnered with the legendary Kaua‘i Beach Boys to deliver a day of island adventure, in which a golfer can play the front 9 on the famed Ocean Course then either cruise the Pacific on a double-hull catamaran or take a stand-up paddle board lesson.
- Poipu Bay Golf Course features a variety of “Breakaway Specials,” including the “Practice & Play” that consists of practice time on the range and one-to-three holes of golf and “Poipu Bay’s Ocean 11” where you can play holes 8 through 18 and enjoy Poipu Bay’s breathtaking stretch of ocean-view holes.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club has the “Unmatched Aloha Package” that includes an 18-hole round of golf, Callaway rental clubs and a Sunset Golf Cart Tour (for two). The value of the “Unmatched Aloha Package” is $447 plus tax, but throughout the fall will be sold for just $299 plus tax.
- Puakea Golf Course is featuring a fall special that includes the greens fee, a golf car, practice balls at the practice facility and rental clubs, all for just $125 per person.
Go Golf Kaua‘i courses include:
- Poipu Bay Golf Course – Poipu Bay Golf Course was designed by renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Jr and is set between lush mountains and rugged ocean bluffs. The course incorporates more than 30 acres of colorfully landscaped tropical plants and flowers, making it one of Hawaii’s most beautiful courses. Poipu Bay hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 to 2006.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – Princeville Makai Golf Club opened in 1971 as the first solo effort of Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The course was completely renovated in 2009, introducing spectacular new Seashore Paspalum turf grass on all fairways and greens. Princeville Makai features surreal vistas of Bali Hai and Hanalei Bay, including the signature par-3, 7th hole that offers a 213-yard shot over scenic cliffs.
- Puakea Golf Course – Designed by architect Robin Nelson, Puakea is a spectacular layout built along massive ravines and lush tropical undulating terrain, with the backdrop being used for the Jurassic Park series. Named one of the top courses in Hawaii by Sports Illustrated, Golf Advisor and Golfweek, the dramatic 18-hole golf course is also known for its high-quality, "Kauai-style" customer service. Puakea was rated “Best of Kauai” by Garden Island Newspaper from 2013 – 2018.
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala – The Ocean Course at Hokuala is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course that boasts the longest stretch of oceanfront holes in all of Hawaii. The picture-perfect course winds its way through papaya and guava groves to dramatic seaside cliffs. A 2016 renovation added sparkling white sand to all the bunkers, framing holes to be even more spectacular than before. Rated Hawaii’s Best Golf Course, 2018 World Golf Awards, golfers can also surf the earth on Hokuala’s Golf Boards during their round.
- Wailua Golf Course – Wailua Golf Course offers classic, golden-era seaside golf holes just a few steps from the Pacific Ocean. First built as a 9-hole course in the 1930’s, and expanded to 18 holes in 1961, Wailua has hosted three USGA Amateur and three US Public Links Championships. This wonderful municipal layout was designed by Toyo Shirai and features stunning mountain views along the Coconut Coast.
Nicknamed the Garden Isle for its lush tropical foliage, waterfalls and ever-present Pacific Ocean scenery, Kaua‘i is perennially recognized for its beaches, award-winning golf courses, ideal playing weather and stunning natural beauty. For more information on Kaua‘i golf, visit www.gogolfkauai.com.